Officials urge drivers to be safe when out in the roads during severe weather.
Residents in an area of Pharr share their experience when it comes to flooding after heavy rainfall.
Veronica Escanuela woke up in the middle of the night to see her vehicle on top of a tree. She says it was around 1 AM when she saw this, but unfortunately she had to wait until dawn to do something about it since no one was able to help her.
With much of the Valley reaching the triple digit temperatures, hitting the water only seems natural… but it can also be dangerous.
Earlier this week, five ERCOT members resigned from their positions: a sixth member withdrew their application. None of them live in Texas.
Families from District 8 are now faced with dealing with the aftermath of the harsh cold weather that hit Texas.
Little Bear Produce is a local business that grows and handles their crops. The vice president of this company says despite them taking preparations before the cold arrived, their efforts were not enough to avoid all damages.
During the past three days, service members have been distributing bottled water provided by the Governor to local leaders whose constituents remain under a water boil advisory.
Wilted, chard and exposed roots are all that remain in Green Gold Farms in Edinburg nearly a week of consistently freezing weather. Owner Mike Helle says the state of his field doesn’t only show a loss in produce and revenue, but also loss in jobs.
As millions of Texans were left without power, many residents here rushed to gas stations searching for fuel to run their cars and generators to stay warm. The state’s Food And Fuel Association is dispelling rumors of a shortage.
Robert Lopez, a Mission firefighter, says that some of his coworkers faced a similar situation as the rest of the public with no power back at home.Faced with their own challenges, firefighters continue providing services to community members in need.
A Cameron County resident reached out to Fox News about a hotel possibly raising their booking rates on the night of the storm.
Gabriela Lumbreras is a valley resident that, like many, has been affected by the lack of utilities within the community. She says she hopes the situation soon changes as she cares for her child who is diagnoised with autism
Officials say the city is in good hands and are reporting a steady decrease in violent crime.
Officials say inhaling carbon monoxide it can make you lose conscience or lead to deadly consequences. Last year during Hurricane Hanna, a family of four from Edinburg lost their lives to carbon monoxide poisoning after police found a running generator inside their home.
Electricity providers like Magic Valley, AEP and BPUB have told their customers to prepare to remain without power, this as they implement controlled outages that vary from 30 minutes to an hour..
Several road closures may be reported throughout this evening. Authorities are asking the community to respect the barricades set up and to stay aware of traffic lights that may be out due to power outages in the area
Many homeowners across South Texas will use space heaters to warm up their house. Which can be extremely dangerous if they are left unattended. According to the National Fire Protection Association, space heaters have caused about one third of all winter house fires in the country.